There’s a quote I read today that says,
“behind every successful man is a great woman”
and same goes to those unsuccessful ones.
Way back my secondary days, I am indolent in terms of going to school. My parents would burst out of nowhere telling me that I should earn a degree so that in the future if ever I get married, my soon-to-be-husband would be proud of me. Or they would say, men nowadays picked professional women. At such tender age, their words didn’t make sense at all.
Yet, at this point of time, I understood what they mean. An accomplished woman is confident and strong, and she can influence or contribute to the success of her man; and she can also give him honor and pride to his family and friends. Perhaps,my parents indirectly molded me to be competent and knowledgeable to uplift myself and so as to be a good influence to others as well.
It’s not about being picked to be someone’s girl but being independent and not to rely on others (or on men). Women do not need much more from men than love, support, caring, sharing, and, some romance. On the other hand, men rely on women for a multitude of resources… Perhaps, a man a needed a woman in order to excel while a woman doesn’t. Thus, the outcome of his choice of women can either contribute to his triumph or failure.
The list below are few men who had fallen because of women.
- Adam – the first man written in the book of Genesis who was cast away from the Garden of Eden for he disobeyed God. Why? It was because of Eve’s temptation. Be careful with a woman’s temptation for it can lead you to sins and troubles.
- Samson – the strongest man in the Bible written in the book of Judges. His enemy found out the secret and weakness of his strength thru Delilah. He was carried away with Delilah’s deception and seduction that made him reveal about his hair. He was humiliated, tortured and killed himself. Those were the consequences he faced for trusting the wrong woman. Be careful who you entrusted your secret for a woman can use it to destroy you.
- King David – in the book of Samuel, David was introduced as a king with a humble beginning. He was a great king but his failure was when he took a married woman named Bathsheba (wife of Uriah) as his own. His lust got its nasty little hooks into his heart, and his lustful desire outweighed his good sense and integrity. Then, he even ordered to kill Uriah in the battlefield. Be careful with the one who captivates your eyes for they might lead to wrong desires and loss of integrity.
- King Solomon – known as the wisest king in the bible written at the book of Kings. At his old age, he developed so much love towards foreign women from east side of the Jordan and northeastern coast along the Mediterranean. God warned him not to associate with them for they were practicing idolatry but he never listened and married them. He was old and easily influenced and became one of them. Thus, he angered God, he was punished together with his people. Be careful with a woman’s false faith for it will probably decline your spiritual life.
- Paris – the Trojan prince who abducted Helen for he was too captivated with her beauty. Paris’ action led to war and caused the fall of Troy. Be careful of a woman’s charm for it might bring trouble not only to your own but also to your family or clan.
- Prince Fuchai of Wu – During the feudal ancient China, there was a beautiful woman named Xishi who was courageous and had undying love for her country. King Gou Jian used her for the downfall of the Prince of Wu. Prince Fuchai was bewitched by Xishi, which made his subjects restless and his friends deserted him. There was political chaos, and his kingdom fell together with his death. Be careful of a woman’s advise for you might lose your allies and friends.
- Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu – in ancient China, there was a woman named Diaochan who played an important role in the Romance Of The Three Kingdoms. The allies Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu became enemies because tof her. She was betrothed to Lü Bu; at the same time presenting her to Dong Zhuo as a concubine. Both Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu became fond of her and could not decide how to settle the matter. As the hostilities grew, Diaochan took every opportunity to add fuel to the fire and the two men became fiercely jealous of each other. Be careful with the danger a woman brings.
I oftentimes say to my friends that anyone’s failure should not be blamed to others. Undeniably, there are circumstances that there are people around us who can bring either bad or good luck to us. Perhaps, there are high expectations towards men. They are physically so much stronger than women but they’re weak in the emotional aspects that make me them easy prey. There are few who act quickly with their impulse not with proper assessment and correct judgment.
All I know that the men who walked in my life bring out the best in me and made me even stronger. As much as possible, I won’t be the reason of anyone’s downfall because I’ll be the wind beneath his wings, always understanding and supportive. Then, my confidence will be his guiding light when his falling apart. I will always believe in his dreams and help him achieve it.
I know there are so many good women out there who are willing to do anything for their men. Hopefully, men won’t overlook at them and foresee their own downfalls instead. 😉
by Bette Medler “Wind Beneath My Wings”
“Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man’s rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.”
Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy fat women. ~Attributed to both Marion Smith and Nicole Hollander
Women are never disarmed by compliments; men always are. ~Oscar Wilde, An Ideal Husband, 1899
There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper. ~Camille Paglia
A man’s heart may have a secret sanctuary where only one woman may enter, but it is full of little anterooms which are seldom vacant. ~Helen Rowland
A lot of guys think the larger a woman’s breasts are, the less intelligent she is. I don’t think it works like that. I think it’s the opposite. I think the larger a woman’s breasts are, the less intelligent the men become. ~Anita Wise
Anybody who believes that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach flunked geography. ~Robert Byrne
God made man stronger but not necessarily more intelligent. He gave women intuition and femininity. And, used properly, that combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I’ve ever met. ~Farrah Fawcett
“Behind Every Successful Man Is A Great Woman – Even If Us Men Don’t Want To Admit It!” by Trevor Crook, published January 13, 2006
Published on: Oct 27, 2013 @ 16:00